Welcome to the launch of the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) Blog! This blog is affiliated with the Institute of Mental Health (University of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust).
Our aim is to capture the variety of interest and expertise that is reflected in the Institute’s diverse membership body by bringing together a range of different disciplines and interests groups collaborating to discuss pertinent issues within mental health. The blog seeks to incorporate the four aims of the IMH by promoting current research, inviting discussions regarding innovative practice, providing a forum of information and education, and encouraging feedback and discussion on best practice. Posts are written by a wide variety of those interested in mental health, including mental health professionals, academics, clinicians, service users, carers, researchers, students, etc.
To get the blog started, we are pleased to launch with six posts from within the Institute:
- Professor Nick Manning, Director, Institute of Mental Health: “plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose”
- Dr Hugh Middleton, Clinical Associate Professor and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist: “Illnesses like any other”. The challenge of a multi-disciplinary approach to mental health
- Dr John Milton, Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist & Forensic Research Lead (Rampton Hospital): ‘Doing the right thing’
- Professor Eddie Kane, Director, Centre for Health & Justice, IMH, and Melanie Jordan, Centre for Health & Justice: The IMH’s new Centre for Health & Justice — its raison d’être
- Professor Ruth McDonald, Chair in Health Innovation and Learning: ‘The Apple Diet – it may be good for your health, but don’t swallow it whole’
- Professor Justine Schneider, Professor of Mental Health and Social Care: What is Meant by Patient and Public Involvement in Mental Health Research?
We encourage you to respond to a post or leave us comment, and hope that you will join the discussions. In addition, we welcome posts on any mental health related topic of your choice, including responses to previous posts, news and events/publications you would like to promote. For further information please email a member of the IMH Blog Team.
All posts and comments are moderated prior to being published on the blog to ensure that entries adhere to IMH and University of Nottingham guidelines. Whilst you do not need to have a WordPress account to leave a comment, please note that all comments must be relevant to the IMH blog and be accompanied by a valid email address (which will not be published.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
All the best,
The IMH Blog Team
Jenelle Clarke, ESRC PhD Student (Sociology) (email@example.com)
Melanie Jordan, NIHR CLAHRC-NDL (Melanie.Jordan@nottingham.ac.uk)
Amanda Keeling, ESRC PhD Student (Law) (firstname.lastname@example.org)